We are looking for qualified infant, toddler and preschool teachers to prepare an environment for children to develop and learn while following the Montessori teaching philosophy. We have a great teaching team who are all passionate about early education. Our goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the children so they can more easily acclimate to the next level of education. All of our positions are full time, Monday through Friday. We are a Montessori school located in downtown Sacramento and have been established in the community since 1999.
Our Mission Statement: A Montessori community that builds trusting relationships, promotes independence, and fosters the wholistic development of the child and family.
Develop a careful Montessori environment that promotes a positive and organized learning environment.
Observe the children in the classroom while taking notes on their developmental milestones. We use an online program called Montessori Compass which helps keep track of each child's development and easily allows parents to access photos and communicate with their child's teachers.
Encourage children to interact with each other, resolve occasional arguments and work on problem solving skills.
Oversee a safe environment for all children as they grow and learn. We have a cook on staff that creates wonderful meals for the children that include breakfast, lunch and two snacks.
Understanding the principles of child development and Montessori educational methods. Minimum requirement of 12 Early Childhood Education units. Montessori experience is preferred but not required. We promote learning on the job and encourage new employees to immerse themselves into the Montessori Philosophy.
Familiarity with Title 22 including safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms including detailed cleaning because of the pandemic.
Excellent communication with children, parents and co-workers.
Ability to act as a mediator between children while encouraging them to problem solve together.
Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable.
Certification in Child CPR and First Aid.
Ability to pass livescan background clearance.
Must be able to provide proof of TDAP and MMR immunizations.
We have several benefits available to you upon hire. If you are able to join our MITC family, you will be able to request and take part in this benefits package. Some of our benefits are available at different dates after your first day of hire.
Available upon your first day of hire:
1. Parking: You may use our parking garage on your first day of employment. We have a limited number of parking spaces in the downstairs garage and then additional spaces in the garage across the street. These parking spaces are divided by seniority, senior employees parking in the downstairs garage. MITC pays for most of the parking cost. The employee is responsible for $60 per month of the parking cost. This will be divided in half in which $30 will be deducted on your 5th paycheck and $30 will be deducted on your 20th paycheck.
Available after 60 days:
2. Health Insurance: We offer Western Health Insurance for your health insurance benefits. If you are interested, you must inform Brenda or Kristen before your 60 day anniversary. At this point you will be able to fill out the appropriate enrollment forms and choose your desired plan. MITC pays 60% of your monthly insurance premium. Open enrollment for Health Insurance is in January of each year.
Available after 90 days:
3. Vacation Time: MITC offers each employee vacation time. This is accrued according to hours work and length of employment at MITC. You can find an earning schedule and further details in your employee handbook.
4. Sick time: MITC offers 3 paid sick days per year resetting every anniversary date of your start date with us.
5. Holiday Pay: Employees will be paid for all holidays. Please see further details and a list of included holidays in your employee handbook.
6. AFLAC: We offer AFLAC which is a supplemental Health Plan. Through AFLAC you can obtain vision and dental insurance. You can customize your AFLAC care with other supplemental additional insurances. If you are interested, you must inform Brenda or Kristen so that we can have our AFLAC representative come out to meet with you.
7. Life Insurance: This is a plan that we offer that is purely at the cost of MITC. This is a $10,000 policy for each employee. At your 90-day anniversary you must fill out paperwork to designate a beneficiary.
8. 401K: We offer a 401K benefit package through Paychex. This is completely optional as there is no company match program. If you are interested, you must obtain more information through Paychex at 877-244-1771.
9. EAP Plan: This is an Employee Assistance Program. This is a program in which you can access professional help at no or limited cost to you. There is a lot more information on this which is available upon hire.
10. Childcare Benefits: We invite our staff bring their children to work with them when we have a spot available for them to attend. We offer a 50% discount on all tuition rates for staff. Please refer to our website at www.montessoriinthecity.com for our current rates. You can reduce the General Public Rate by 50% to see what your employee tuition rate would be.
We would love for you to join our Montessori Family!